How Much Religious Holiday Allowances You Get According to the Government Regulation?
THR or Religious Holiday Allowance is a bonus given to employees before the Religious Festival such as Eid al-Fitr, Christmas, Waisak, or Nyepi. Religious holiday allowance is set forth in the Regulation of the Minister of Manpower No. 6 of 2016 concerning on Religious Holidays for Employees/ Workers in the Company (“Permenaker 6/2016”).
Employees entitled to receive a religious holiday allowance are employees who have been working consecutively for 12 months or more are entitled to an allowance of 1 month’s salary. According to the Regulation 6/2016, the religious holiday allowance is stipulated in the Article 2 Paragraph 1 as the following:
- employees who have been working consecutively for 12 months or more are entitled to an allowance of 1 month’s salary; and
- employees who have been working for at least 1 consecutive month, but for less than 12 months, are entitled to a pro-rated amount in accordance with the following formula:
The 1 (one) month salary as referred to the paragraph (1) consists of wage component as follows:
- The salary excluding the allowance is a clean wage.
- The basic salary is a fixed allowance.
For employees / workers who work under a daily employment contract, the salary of 1 (one) month as referred to in paragraph (1) shall be calculated as follows:
- Employees who have been working consecutively for 12 months or more are entitled to an allowance of 1 month’s salary calculated in accordance with the average salary received within the last 12 months before the religious holiday.
- Employees who have been working for at least 1 consecutive month, but for less than 12 months, are entitled to a pro-rated amount.
From the above calculation, for example your monthly salary is Rp 5.000.000. If you have worked for over one year in the company, then you will get a religious holiday allowance of your one monthly salary. However, if you are only working for 3 months, then you will get the religious holiday allowance as follows: (3 x Rp 5.000.000) / 12 = Rp 1.250.000
In accordance with the government regulations, the religious holiday allowance must be paid a week before the holiday. If the company pay it late, they will be subjected to 5% (five percent) of the total religious holiday allowance to be paid since the expiry of the employer’s obligation to pay.
Meanwhile, the employer not paying the religious holiday allowance to the employees will be subjected the administrative sanction, such as:
- Written warning
- Restrictions on business activities
- The suspension of part or all of production means; and
- The freezing of business activities
But if you do not get your religious holiday allowance in accordance with government regulations, then you can do is tackle this issue to the rights dispute lawsuit to the Industrial Relations Court or the local manpower office. In addition, you can also raise this issue to the province where you work in.
In order to facilitate the calculation and allocation of religious holiday allowance to employees, SunFish Go has provided a special feature that regulates payroll, incentives, and employee bonuses that can be accessed easily, so the company no longer think over about when or how much allowance will be given. SunFish Go makes it easy for its users to manage the company.